ABOUT RYTON GRANGE AND US!

Ryton Grange was thought to be built in 1594 in the tudor era. It has tudor beams inside and wattle and daub within the walls.

It was then extended in the Georgian period (1744) and has  plenty of features such as the fireplace in the living room and the ceiling hooks (it was once a kitchen, we think) and the quarry tile floor. 

More recently it has been used by a working farming family, Richard's father was a dairy farmer and Richard and his 1 brother and 2 sisters were born and brought up in this house. A small extension was made to the back of the kitchen at that time, which has now been modified to create doors onto the patiio. One of the most recent people to live here was granny Mary, Richard's mother. She was a very keen gardener, hence the mature borders and she was also a skilled embroiderer. She was the life and soul of the village attending every function and helping everyone she knew. Living in the centre of the village was the perfect place for her and she was always seen walking her little cairn terrier Misty around the fields of the village.

She passed away a few years ago and we lived in the property with our 4 children for just over 1 year and then we moved out so we could modernise and renovate ryton grange and convert it into a fabulous family holiday property.

We now live 1 mile away..and are on call in case any of our guests needs any help, but far enough away to leave you in peace to enjoy your holiday undisturbed!

Richard is a vet and works at the RSPCA in Ryton and also is a partner at the Copthorne veterinary clinic in Shrewsbury

Emma is a qualified vet taking time out to be a full time mum of 4 young children and also has a small 2 person apartment holiday let 'the garden room' www.shropshireholidaycottage.org.uk and runs an online retail business.

Print Print | Sitemap
© ryton grange